Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thing #25: Blogger's Tooklit

After reading about blogs, I have named the general topic of this blog near the title, so visitors will know right away.
I also like the idea of encouraging comments by not requiring commenters to sign in. I'm still looking for a free way to do that. Disqus makes commenting easier; however, I'd like to find a comment feature that allows anyone to comment, even if they're not registered to Disqus. Anti-spam ability is also necessary.

Posting to the blog through email is an interesting new feature.

Robin Good;s videos about widgets led me to add a dictionary "word-a-day" widget along the side of this blog.

For example, Contactify allows others to email you directly, without seeing your email address.
Postreach offers icons so blog readers can mark your post "cool" "fun," "insightful," and more.

1 comment:

Chris Saad said...

Heya G - if you are looking for an upgraded comment service that is friendly guest users, may I recommend www.js-kit.com :)

Lots of features you may like!

Hope this is helpful.

Chris - JS-Kit Team