Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thing 28: Customized Home Pages

If I were the only one using this computer, I would consider accessing the daily Star Tribune Sudoku directly from my home page, since I go there regularly. Could be problematic since it might slow down other more important tasks.

I made a yellow and green iGoogle home page, with Doplar Radar, Weather, Date & time, and Current Moon Phase widgets. It was very easy to set up. Word-a-day widget didn't function on my home page, so I put it on my blog. I'm amazed by the variety of widgets / gadgets available. I enjoyed browsing through the Widgipedia site, which focuses on all kinds of widgitsand includes a variety of tutorials, like how to create a date-and-time widget.

Pageflakes intrigues me as a way of creating a textbook, and Blidgets, by which you can put your blog on a widget.

No comments: