Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing #14: LibraryThing and Shelfari

LibraryThing and Shelfari allow readers to efficiently record, review, explore, connect, and discuss books.
I signed up for Shelfari just as I was beginning this blog for the 23 Things on a Stick project. Now I also use LibraryThing. I already write a review of each book I read, and it's a simple thing to put a bit of that onto a a library site like these. Both are good sources for reading suggestions and connecting with other readers. I have enjoyed comparing reading lists. Shelfari has lots of ads. LibraryThing seems more populated. I'll stay on both sites for awhile, before deciding which I like better.

1 comment:

jd aka diane said...

g,
I'd like to know your comparison thoughts after you've used both for awhile. I started with LibraryThing before I knew about Shelfari. Shelfari as a cute-ness factor with the shelf look that might appeal to people just for that alone. We have a small library at our small church & I've thought about putting our collection on LibraryThing but for the "shelf appeal" look I might considered Shelfari.
jd from http://rausche.blogspot.com/