Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing #15 Online Games and Libraries

Though I am a proficient computer solitaire player, online gaming is new to me. After some reading and exploring, I can see that it's useful for librarians to understand Second Life and online gaming. I read about the ALA TechSource Gaming, Learning, and Libraries Symposium in Chicago last year, where participants looked at the role of libraries in hosting and / or being informed about online gaming.
I found the video tour of Second Life colorful and lively. There's even a library in Second Life. The Ohio State U. video clip provides interesting information about classes and meetings held in Second Life.
Puzzle Pirates looks like a good place to try out online gaming. I got pretty good at bilging. It seems a bit overwhelming as I begin. I'm glad to see help available in various places.

No comments: