Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing #19 Podcasts

There's a wealth of information available on podcasts. Directories like Podcast.com list many. One example is NPR Books, now linked to my GoogleReader account. I'm also pleased to learn about telephone-based Gcast, for easy podcast-creating.
Occasionally I listen to MPR podcasts when I miss a show or want to listen again to something of interest. Today I found MPR's "Grammar Grater," Episode 41, which reminds us to say, "I feel bad," rather than "I feel badly." American RadioWorks' Catherine Winter explains how people overcorrect, trying hard to be grammatically correct by saying "badly" when they should say "bad." She emphasizes, "There is no circumstance when you should say 'I feel badly.'" This retired English teacher says thank you so much, Catherine.

No comments: